</head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29147124?origin\x3dhttp://sheenawee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

3/15/2010

This blog has become a place for me to rant... I can't even be bother to change the skin...

Four years passed so quickly... and it's about time for me to face the same question I have been asking myself for the longest time... "So where do I go now?"

Honestly I really hate asking that question. I admire friends who know what they really like, really good at what they really like, and can make bucks out of what they really like.

Me? I suddenly don't know what I really like and what I'm good at. I only know what I'm good at is not what I like, what I like doesn't make me bucks, what makes me bucks may suck the life out of me.

And you know what I especially hate it when employers ask me: "What makes you so interested in the ??? industry?" Honestly, I'm not interested, but I can't say that I won't be interested after I try it... Nonetheless there's no way any employers are going to give someone a chance to try something, unless the employee comes as cheap labour. Who cares if you are an honours graduate from a good university in Singapore? There are billions out there in the world? Malaysia, China, Vietnam... yadda yadda... at half the price...

It's just depressing. I want to talk to someone about it but it's probably a better idea to rant it over the blog instead. People have many other things in their life to be troubled about.

Not to say that my search has been unsuccessful though, I do actually have a company that accepted my application. The condition? I need to sign a contract with them for 3 years? The benefits? $2.3k per month with the bare minimum leave and MCs allowance under the Employment Act. Promised me job rotation and leadership experience. Dad and Dada is right... they are just out to suck me dry!

I told myself to be patient... there is no hurry to find a job... even daddy mummy is not hurrying you... why worry??

But stupid business school career service has to call me at this point to ask me "so have you found a job?" and remind me of their glorious statistics that "our business school has 95% students who graduated with secured job offers (permanent ones!) every year"

Okay freak it, I'm that 5% can?????

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........

At the end of the day, I just want to be happier...

(By the way I'm officially removing this blog from the search engine...)

Labels:


i blogged @
10:09 PM


Musical Box

The Chorister (>.<)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

♥Sheena Wee(aka. NaNa)♥
My Friendster

XXXXXXXXX Schools: XXXXXXXXX
Bendemeer Pri. (1994-1999),
Bendemeer Sec. (2000-2003),
Anderson JC (first 3 mths),
Nanyang JC (2004-2005),
NUS Business Sch

XXXXXXXXX Classes: XXXXXXXXX
BPS (1-6A),
BSS(1-4E1),
AJC (0416),
NYJC (0427A)

XXXXXXXXX CCAs: XXXXXXXXX
BPS (Librarian? Chorist?...),
BSS (Badminton Player, Co-Op Chey Mey, Prefect, ELDDS Drama-Mama),
NYJC (Proud Chorist!),
NUS (Animal Welfare Pioneer!, Wild Empire Choir Pioneer!)


LOVE ONES



Well of WORDS




EXITS



♥ NANA'S SISTERS ♥
Penelope Wee
Mavis Wee

♥ ONE & ONLY ♥
Terence

♥ 04S7A ♥
Danny
Edna
Yunyi

♥ NYJC CHOIR ♥
NYJC Choir's Blog
Jeanie
Jingxin
Li Min
Melinda
Thomas
Tracy

♥ WILD EMPIRE ♥
Edmund
Ek Ngee
Emily
Gracey
Jase
Jeremy
Kelly
Kevin
Leo Leo
Matthew
Shanyu
Shanyu^new!
Xin Kai
Ying Hui
Zhong Juinn
Zhor Teng
Zion

♥ MY OTHER FRENS ♥
Manxin

archives

  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • April 2008
  • June 2008
  • September 2008
  • March 2009
  • June 2009
  • August 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010


  • credits

    Designer: %purplish.STEPS
    Editor: %purplish.STEPS
    Image: x
    Brushes: 1 ,2
    Adobe Photoshop


    CALENDER


    >>>Link<<<