6/03/2008
Finally after more than a month, my blog is revived. Doesn't really matter why it died right in the first place but the point is it is back, up and running now. As for whether it is going to die again... I'm really not sure... All depends whether I will try to fork out time for it or not.
So the main point for blogging today is... YES... Once again it's post-concert blog stalking and feedback gathering. I'm quite disappointed to say that it is increasingly hard for me to stalk blogs because the keywords only gave me previous concert comments. Guess either people still have not blog / not planning to blog / the google spider still haven't crawl their site yet. Whatever it is, thankfully I've got quite a bit of comments from friends who are into choral music - this time we get quality comments with abit more details finally...
Please note: I quote almost everything... good or bad it's almost all out liao... i try not to hide la.
Here it goes:
Person A:"Sorry I had to leave earlier... managed to only catch the first half, really like it though. Anyway I thought the girls' costumes really look good... for singing-wise... WE handles soft passages very well... managed to keep the intensity despite the softness... however, WE is weaker in terms of the loud passages... the intonation was everywhere... it's totally the opposite of NUS Choir... and oh ya... the first half was too long... even I feel very drained after the first half... considering it's sacred music which might not be very accessible to all members of the audience... Anyway for hope faith life love... the last chord was... obviously wrong... in fact the entire last part after the climax was weird... can hear u guys madly searching for the right chord but in the end no choice had to end on the wrong chord..."
Person B:"hmm..i think the choir also know ba...but the tenor sections are rather exposed, as in comparing to other sections, they have more stray voices... for some songs, tenors sound like they are dying... but I think is cos of the song... but anw. i thought the sops were nice. only sometimes when the interval is rather big, there is glottal sound, but apart from that, yeah was pleasant (: as for whole choir, generally is okay...I enjoyed it... in fact the concert should feature more Wild Empire... for the guest choirs, not so much la ha...a lot of problems...tho there are nice moments...
*Sheena and person B sidetracks*
Person B: "anw. back to concert...I thought W.E sang the second half songs very nicely"
Sheena: "so which one is your fav?"
Person B: "you can't ask me about blue moon cos i SANG that for so many times and it never sound good..and i dont like that song anymore, but hey, WE did a pretty good job on it. but i like THe Continental, tho some part, have placement and tightness problems, but I like it. as in not like the problems but like the overall performance for that song..."
Person C: overall i thought it was really good. i really love amazing grace. actually the big choir songs were the best. hope faith life lOve was really whoosh, though hahaahah yah the last part was a bit pitchy. but for the WE songs, i thought the blue moon set of songs was the best, balance wise, and sound wise. haha you guys should record and send to hotels la. as for that shining night - that was just LOVELY. And oh yah your conductor is so young and pretty!"
*yadayadayada...*
Person C: "other than occasionally the tenor sticking out, it was good. the sops are really beautiful. altos and basses a bit soft though........ i'm very easy to please, as long as the song is LOVELY pple smile : ) i can already haha. OH but i have one negative thing to comment: the emcee ah.. OH MY GOD........................... dunno how to pronounce ERIC WHITACRE and the pater noster, summore the tone very condescending, i have half a mind to tell the exco next year no emcee better..."
Person D: "First half too pale and sacred... much energy was injected into the 2nd half though WE sticks with the classics... EMCEE's voice is erm... FRAGILE..." (Fav Pieces: Amazing Grace, Continental and Alleluja)
Think that's all I have for now... let me know if there's anything else u all have gathered =)
i blogged @
12:10 AM