4/08/2008
Was just saying when would be the next time I blog... Then here I am blogging again...
Was having some thoughts after knowing someone's experience... suddenly recalled what Timo said before... although it may not be exactly in his words... but this is my understanding of his words...
The only way a choral group can sustain itself for a long term basis is by having a direction to follow... and having the discipline to follow through it... I like the idea that we are becoming more daring... exploring new grounds... breaking new barriers... and not singing all-time-loved-doobidooba songs... (okay I think I literally changed every single word he said but what matters is the understanding right?) Even if the audience does not appreciates the songs that we are singing... I think we can take pride in treading the path untaken... I can say that I hated a particular song because the intervals are just so freaking weird... but somehow... I am beginning to like it a lot... And I want to know more... I'm looking forward to every step forward... Hopefully doing justice to every piece sung... It didn't matter to me back then... but now it does.
Whatever he said honestly just sounded nice and made me felt good... but I truly didn't try to understand the true essence of what he meant until recently...
Had a choir been set up because we just feel like meeting up every single week with the same bunch of people... I really think it's pathetic... It's tempting yes... but how long can you sustain that idea? come on we have better things to do than that right? I still have loads of backlog work waiting for me to clear... yes we are an interest group... but what exactly are you interested? Singing simple songs, meeting a clique weekly... Is this a cheaper and healthier alternative to KTV?
Here's what I'm interested - I love to sing yes, I love to sing with a bunch of people anywhere (too bad it's not really the culture here... but yeap I'm sure some of us do like it), I am beginning to love challenges in this aspect, I'm looking forward to know what's going on in the minds of brilliant composers... I'm hoping that I can get over my inertia of listening to new songs and learn to love it... I'm hoping that everyone is walking along the same direction... I'm hoping to MOVE... to improve... NOT to stagnate... I seek variety... Some people call me power-thirsty... not that I'm going overthrown anybody... but my motivations comes from people who acknowledge my efforts and achievements and give me credit for it... even if it's just like - well done! :) So I'm seeking a sense of personal achievement... (nothing wrong with that right?)... and I'm also seeking an overall sense of group achievement and cohesiveness!
The fact is... we have so much potential! Why are we wasting it on mere weekly gatherings??
I like the fact that there's a sense of direction here... as well as individual attention and development to move the choir in that designated direction... I'm excited and waiting to experience the journey in that direction...
Having said all that... I must say that I am just not there yet... I'm still holding back and afraid of difficulties and challenges... and I know damn right well that I shouldn't...
It's been 4 years and my passion has not died down... it's not a temporary influx of passion! Got to keep it active... keep it burning! Shall not stagnate!
P.S.: Please note that these are just my thoughts... I'm not emo here but I just have some thoughts that I want an avenue to express... it just happens that I have a blog and it's publicly accessible... and I dun keep a diary... In this entry I did not mention any names / groups whatsoever... so please don't try to interpret any hidden meanings out of it - things like "Wah is Sheena not happy with this that?". The fact is NO, I'm perfectly happy where I am right now. Just don't think too much.
i blogged @
1:40 AM