9/20/2007
OMG Shu Shan did it! Just as Juat predicted!...
She was standing beside me while singing the solo... then when the choir is supposed to come in that time... we all forgot... just got so super WOW... think even the conductor was amused by our reaction. He has undoubtedly picked the right solo! Our Power Sop SL!!!!
Several times I was supposed to sing my part but just got quite distracted by this powerhouse beside me... and OMG I can feel her resonance!! Ok lah at times got a little too much for me to handle...
According to Mr. Kwei, he says she's a Coloratura Soprano... got me a little confused so I did some research on wiki about voice type categorization... pretty interesting to have a better idea what kind of voice type I am also.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FachSo I have no doubt that she's definitely a Coloratura Soprano... hee... exciting vocal acrobatics she is capable of! And I don't need to feel pek-chek that I can't do the vocal acrobatics... we're just different... maybe my vocal cords thicker? then cannot be agile enough to handle that... maybe...
I took some time to catch what it means by a bright vs warm tone... but not sure what it means by light vs heavy timbre? My ears still have problems catching and diffentiating I guess...
Interesting discoveries today... hee...
i blogged @
11:54 PM