</head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29147124?origin\x3dhttp://sheenawee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

9/09/2007

AHHH... it's been donkey days since I've blogged!! Kinda busy these days... 2 choirs is really not simple...

Saw WE's repertoire... hohoho... 26 songs! NUS Choir's concert repertoire... another 9 pieces to learn...and one of which is have many movements 1 (I don't mean physical movements...) Both choirs are teaching and learning new songs at crazy speed!

Just went to West Coast to perform with the NUS Choir... I think it was possibly the worst stage that could have been thrown to any choir... no roof above our head... plain grassy area for flying kites, with a temporary platform setup for stage performance... If it rains, organiser says wet weather plan = charge for the nearest shelter... which is like not near at all... *sweats*... No acoustics to speak of absolutely... no proper place for warming up... noisy environment... pretty horrifying...

During sound check we dun sound really good... freaked off our dear SLs... who said that Adyll, our SC, will be so sad when he comes later... AHHH... but thankfully the performance was okay... except for the fact that we were on Auto-Pilot mode for "Luk Luk Lumbu"... there's no way for our SC to hold our charging horses... lol... *sweats*. I love "Crossing The Bar" by Graeme Morton, and "To Everything There's a Season"... somehow it gives me the creeps... (in a good way of course)... with feelings injected and dynamics of coz... "Sigulempong" was fun also... nice full tone and I like the descant part!

Anyway we love our SC and SLs... Adyll is beyond a student conductor standard to me... and I believe to many else... he knows his stuff... he goes beyond the technicalities of the music... such a wow SC... I wonder who will be able to succeed him seriously... our SC and SLs have all set such high standards for whoever is gonna succeed them when they graduate... oh man...

I've got a feeling that sops could be the weakest section in NUS choir... sumhow whenever we combine... whoever is the conductor tends to stare at us more... and keep stopping and saying that sops wrong tone... going sharp! going flat! everywhere... too spreaded the sound... make it fuller! Got me a little confused... I also don't know who's right and who's wrong? I hear myself singing differently from some of the other sops sometimes... how come the whole choir sound so flat liddat but nobody seem to detect that? why like the sops sound so piercing? Ah... So afriad that I'm the one making mistakes... I mean I tried to make fuller sound as I was asked to... I didn't feel that I was going flat/sharp... so what's wrong??? don't know is it me anot... Some times I can't even hear myself... So many of us... eeeeek... so uncertain...

Received a pleasant compliment today from a fellow male alto, he asked me where I came from... since when joined choir... bla bla bla... asked him how come he ask leh... he says: "When you sing, you face sings too!"... LOL... dunno how does face sing... but oh well... I'm happy! I suppose that's a compliment lah... lol...

There's a male sop in my section also... and he sounds good! I mean I can't really hear that it's a male's falsetto...

Generally it was a pleasant and fun learning experience I've got so far from NUS Choir...

Darling is going the little little island by next Friday ler... not sure confinement period how long exactly... must spend more time with him now... if not the next time I see him dunno when ler... hope that absence makes the heart grow fonder =)

When is the next time I will blog... lol...

*YAWN*... it's 4.36am now! goodness...

i blogged @
3:57 AM


Musical Box

The Chorister (>.<)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

♥Sheena Wee(aka. NaNa)♥
My Friendster

XXXXXXXXX Schools: XXXXXXXXX
Bendemeer Pri. (1994-1999),
Bendemeer Sec. (2000-2003),
Anderson JC (first 3 mths),
Nanyang JC (2004-2005),
NUS Business Sch

XXXXXXXXX Classes: XXXXXXXXX
BPS (1-6A),
BSS(1-4E1),
AJC (0416),
NYJC (0427A)

XXXXXXXXX CCAs: XXXXXXXXX
BPS (Librarian? Chorist?...),
BSS (Badminton Player, Co-Op Chey Mey, Prefect, ELDDS Drama-Mama),
NYJC (Proud Chorist!),
NUS (Animal Welfare Pioneer!, Wild Empire Choir Pioneer!)


LOVE ONES



Well of WORDS




EXITS



♥ NANA'S SISTERS ♥
Penelope Wee
Mavis Wee

♥ ONE & ONLY ♥
Terence

♥ 04S7A ♥
Danny
Edna
Yunyi

♥ NYJC CHOIR ♥
NYJC Choir's Blog
Jeanie
Jingxin
Li Min
Melinda
Thomas
Tracy

♥ WILD EMPIRE ♥
Edmund
Ek Ngee
Emily
Gracey
Jase
Jeremy
Kelly
Kevin
Leo Leo
Matthew
Shanyu
Shanyu^new!
Xin Kai
Ying Hui
Zhong Juinn
Zhor Teng
Zion

♥ MY OTHER FRENS ♥
Manxin

archives

  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • April 2008
  • June 2008
  • September 2008
  • March 2009
  • June 2009
  • August 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010


  • credits

    Designer: %purplish.STEPS
    Editor: %purplish.STEPS
    Image: x
    Brushes: 1 ,2
    Adobe Photoshop


    CALENDER


    >>>Link<<<