8/01/2007
Today is Nurses' Day.
What crap...
No holidays nvm... but today the bunch of us just keep getting scoldings for the most unreasonable issues. No doubt i'm not a nurse... but i'm kinda a temp one though...
Early in the morning, saw a case... doctor nv indicate what to do with the patient, so my usual practice:
"When in doubt, nv drip eyedrops for patient!"
... this is my motto... basically because the dilating drops causes blurred vision for 4-6 hours... if dripped when not required, the patient could be inconvenienced, unable to go through other tests, or worst case scenario... GO BLIND (nv heard of it before but still possible no matter what -allergies?)
So i nv drip eyedrops... place a note on the outside ("dilate?") for the nurse in the doctor's room to assess the situation and do as she deemed fit, or consult the doc. This was instructed and I have no troubles with that all along.
Then, the nurse came all over from the doctor's room... accusingly said to me (in her usual bitchy tone)
Bitchy nurse: "Sheena, why you never drip eye drops?? and you put a "query dilate" for me for what? "
Sheena: "Because I precisely don't know whether to drip or not so this is for you to assess, if I drip when not required it'll be worse right?"
Bitchy nurse: "My doctor scold me you know? Sheena... I don't mean to scold you lah... but then ... you know I'm in the room... then I get scolded by the doctor because of this... then of coz I'll not be happy mah..."
(crap lah... her doctor nv scold her she also come and scold me 1...)I flipped over the appointment card, told her that the doctor nv write down what to do for this appointment... she tried to argue but failed because OBVIOUSLY the doctor written "Pls dilate 1 week after 31Jul07"... today is what date? 1 Aug 07. Under 1 Aug... nothing was written - So a reasonable man will not dilate the patient!
I shutted her up with my reasoning... she got out of the room without saying sorry.
15 mins later... Doctor came in...
Doctor: "Oh it's you."
(turns back and tries to walk out of room)Colleague: "Doctor ah... it's not her fault mah... it was written...( lalalalala )"
Doctor: "Ok... you listen to me... I cannot write anymore clearer than that right?"
(immediately leaves the room... leaving no way for me to argue back)Reasonable and obviously... he's lost in the argument and I assume he just want his face, so he left without apologising...
Luckily my mood today is calm... I can argue back calmly summore... not bitchy way of coz...
After that I can still smile at my patients... continue working as if nothing happened... i amazed myself =)
Anyway funny thing is if I nv drip for the patients, IS IT VERY HARD FOR YOU TO DRIP IT ON MY BEHALF? I purposely put a note outside for you to assess (as other nurses instructed) but turn out I got scolding for that as well?
And what should you do first when you discover a mistake: YOU LOOK FOR A REMEDY FIRST. and the remedy is so SIMPLE!.... DRIP IT YOURSELF!
My last point is: If you're wrong... So what if you're a doctor? Admit your mistakes lah... everyone makes it what. Your ego is bigger than your humility.
That's all for my rantings...
I FEEL SO SUAY THESE DAYS...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........
i blogged @
11:47 PM