</head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29147124?origin\x3dhttp://sheenawee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

5/20/2007

Yesterday me, Leo, Faisal and XinKai were chatting over supper at "SandwichQueen"... heee... Leo mentioned about him looking for some song that just when you think she has reached her highest note and couldn't go any further, she proves you not! Not sure what song that is... but it got me curious enough to google about her.

So yup... she was trained since young by her mum, a former opera singer. Apparently she's a coloratura soprano (what?!) and sings her high notes using whistle register (I didn't even heard about it until today!)... which I think is also known as super-head register... She's in the Guinness Book of World Records for the highest note hit by a woman and widest vocal range (The highest note hit by a human was by a male by the way...

Her range? - A2 to G7# (Declaration: I found this on some website, I didn't verify it yet)...

that's like o.O ... ok... soprano's high C is called C6... so G7 is like... unimaginable until today... and A2 is what?! Isn't that like bass notes liao? Quite crappy source I think...

Apparently there's too many rumours about her vocal range liao... so much so ppl say she has 7 or 8 octaves range... that's like so unbelievable!

After some verification... Perhaps more correctly lah... it could be C3 to F7# lah... more believable... but yet again... it's also hear say... dunno is it bullshit anot...

Too much of Mariah Carey for me today... I have a headache now... seriously... just trying to "measure" how high her notes are while listening to her recordings on youtube. I think I haven't heard her High-high-G yet... Max so far I have heard high-high D... maybe I shouldn't already... enough for today... goodness... I feel very light now...

For those interested...


i blogged @
9:14 PM


Musical Box

The Chorister (>.<)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

♥Sheena Wee(aka. NaNa)♥
My Friendster

XXXXXXXXX Schools: XXXXXXXXX
Bendemeer Pri. (1994-1999),
Bendemeer Sec. (2000-2003),
Anderson JC (first 3 mths),
Nanyang JC (2004-2005),
NUS Business Sch

XXXXXXXXX Classes: XXXXXXXXX
BPS (1-6A),
BSS(1-4E1),
AJC (0416),
NYJC (0427A)

XXXXXXXXX CCAs: XXXXXXXXX
BPS (Librarian? Chorist?...),
BSS (Badminton Player, Co-Op Chey Mey, Prefect, ELDDS Drama-Mama),
NYJC (Proud Chorist!),
NUS (Animal Welfare Pioneer!, Wild Empire Choir Pioneer!)


LOVE ONES



Well of WORDS




EXITS



♥ NANA'S SISTERS ♥
Penelope Wee
Mavis Wee

♥ ONE & ONLY ♥
Terence

♥ 04S7A ♥
Danny
Edna
Yunyi

♥ NYJC CHOIR ♥
NYJC Choir's Blog
Jeanie
Jingxin
Li Min
Melinda
Thomas
Tracy

♥ WILD EMPIRE ♥
Edmund
Ek Ngee
Emily
Gracey
Jase
Jeremy
Kelly
Kevin
Leo Leo
Matthew
Shanyu
Shanyu^new!
Xin Kai
Ying Hui
Zhong Juinn
Zhor Teng
Zion

♥ MY OTHER FRENS ♥
Manxin

archives

  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • April 2008
  • June 2008
  • September 2008
  • March 2009
  • June 2009
  • August 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010


  • credits

    Designer: %purplish.STEPS
    Editor: %purplish.STEPS
    Image: x
    Brushes: 1 ,2
    Adobe Photoshop


    CALENDER


    >>>Link<<<