Dragged myself up from bed this morning to go to work... then during lunchtime rush to my second workplace... oh man! So tired... but then reach home liao... siao! Not sleepy ler... so weird! Thankfully my first job will only be for one week... and tml is a public holiday!!! Whee!!! PC Show and NJ Concert to look forward to! Hee...
Had my Golden Hours on TV at 8-10pm... subsequently with nothing better to do so started googling...
Suddenly very nostalgic today, me and my elder sis was talking about this Jap series: 同一屋檐下(Hitotsu Yane no Shita) that we watched many years ago... that was like about 1993? And oh man... I was just 6 years old, and yet I could still remember the names of the leads in the show... the brief story line... I fondly remember it as a very homely and touching series... A bunch of 7 adopted kids under one roof... Maybe I should find the DVD for the series =)
Then dunno how I digress topic from Jap series to Moulin Rouge... haha... then proceed to google about Queen after listening to "The Show Must Go On" (Moulin Rouge's version). Then after that start listening to watching to Bo Rhap again on youtube... still nice after so long!
Oh btw the MTV took just 3 hours and US$3500 bucks to produce... so economic and effective! I like it!
Another interesting fact: "The backing track came together quickly, but they spent days overdubbing the vocals in the studio using a 24 track tape machine. By the time they were done, about 120 vocal tracks were layered together. According to Rolling Stone magazine in their list of the top 500 songs, Brian May said that everyone in the band was bewildered when Mercury brought them a draft of this four-part suite - even before he told them, "That's where the operatic bits come in!" Recording technology was so taxed by the song's multitracked scaramouches and fandangos that some tapes became virtually transparent from being overdubbed so many times. At one point, the tape reels began to smoke slightly and had almost worn right down to the breaking point because of how much dubbing they had done - they almost lost one of their greatest hits, and one that would not be easy to reproduce. (thanks, James - Vancouver, Canada)" http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=685
After that googled about Freddie Mercury, he has quite an extraordinary life I would say really, didn't bother to find out until today. So he's born in one part of Africa, raised in India, and finally settled down in England all the way until he died at the age of 45. He speaks like a bari but sing like a tenor, with a 4-octave vocal range. He developed some vocal nodules that could affect his vocals but was surely an impressive vocalist apparently unaffected by this condition, just that concert have to sing the song in a lower key. He's bisexual, and very open about it. He died of bronchial pneumonia resulting from AIDS. After his death, there was a concert dedicated to the late Mercury, called "The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert" that helped to raise AIDS Awareness. All proceeds from the concert were then donated for AIDS Charities... and subsequently the album royalties from the recorded concert on tapes/VCDs/DVDs too.
I must have been real bored... LOL.. but oh well it's interesting!
4.04am... I'm a little tired finally! I should hit the bed now...