3/27/2007
Somehow got reminded today about places in school with good acoustics for singing... I think about NYJC Drum area... staircase area.. all the best places to sing in with lots of echos...
But there's just this place where the acoustics are simply unbeatable.... yesh! THE TOILET! the enclosed area surrounded by tile walls, with high ceiling that makes your voice sound so super nice. OK i have to agree that I'm just deceiving myself... I do not have an angelic voice... but I know of one person who does... miss singing with her... ohh... missing the good old days in NYJC Choir again...
Was just wondering... is there anybody/performing groups that are wild enough to hold their concerts in the toilet????? I mean seriously... it sounds really good man! I know this is truely crappy... but cannot deny that the toilet really seem to be the nicest place to sing... whahahaha!! Will Wild Empire be Wild to such an extent?!?!?! I kinda doubt so... hmm... Anyway I'm wondering what exactly does the word Wild mean to us? Does it have a different meaning to the owners, comparing to members? Why do I feel that we are still not wild enough... we're not in any way unique in comparison to other choirs... I'm still in for the airplane + around da world concert concept that we came out with that night at the chalet... haiz... Perhaps the focus now is to get the voice right... then we'll proceed to be more creative bah... Let me take it this way first bah...
Lots of things are on hold now for wild empire... maybe because our focus is now on the upcoming concert. Our costume... our website... our logos... our financial report... our feedback q&a... our earnings that were cheated by this company... really hope to get some updates as promised, ASAP, before things turn ugly again...
heard about what happened on sat... good intentions being interpreted wrongly... all they wanted was to be discipline and start warm ups first, and just randomly chose a piece to sing through for warm ups... no intention to outcast anybody at all... but somehow they were misunderstood... haiz... sometimes when two groups fail to establish communication and trust... it just leaves leeway for misunderstandings to set in...
dun say u trust us when u haven't... dun say u love us all when you're not sure of it yourself... it hurts...
Well... despite everything... I still find it fortunate that our voice and concerns are heard... and we do play a part in shaping Wild Empire... in building this Empire... I'm proud of it...
Spoke to xinghui on msn just now, she's gonna be involved in some voluntary painting jobs coming june. She'll be asking the old classmates to help also! YAY! Great time to gather with my S7A friends and catch up with each other while doing meaningful deeds for the residents! So excited about it...
Dee's celebrating her 21st birthday soon! 21st birthday is once in a lifetime man! Of course I have to go and celebrate it even if it means that I have to put aside my commitments.
NYJC concert is coming really soon... Some of the NYJC choir ppl of my batch will be there to support, really looking forward to that day! But then concert is 10 days b4 my final exams bah... it's gonna be gruelling... but I render that I am more fortunate than the NTU girls... concert is practically 3 days b4 their final exams... this time round no study break summore... but I think I wouldn't want to go on one anyway! I want my life! No choir = No life now...
Sem is coming to an end... 3 months hols are on the way... Lin xiang and le le is suggesting that we go Taiwan together! Sounds really exciting... they enjoy travelling so much! Fortunately for me I'm holding on to a Singapore passport... not so much restrictions at the airports... But anyway even if I want to go I need to work and save up lots!
Somehow hope that I can go overseas with choir ppl... perhaps I'm still regreting that I didn't go KL with NYJC choir... miss out so much fun and bonding... common topics to talk about... common songs to sing... but being financially-constrainted what could I do? Somemore I dun like to ask my parents for money to go overseas and enjoy myself... it just doesn't sound right... I know Dad will eventually tell me I dun need to pay him back... but shouldn't take advantage of him. Well I'll accept that I'll nv be in that wonderful piece of memory... I'll just have to create others... and cherish the friendships that we have built for the past 3 years... =)
i blogged @
1:25 AM