Two days ago, this aquaintance of mine smsed me to say that he would like to meet me on thurs. Weird I thought... I don't really know him very well... what makes him want to meet me all of a sudden? Oh well... I have my own guesses but thought I just gave him the benefit of the doubt...
Sure enough... my suspicion was soon confirmed. Met him for dinner today. Initially he started off by asking how am I, where am I now, how am I coping... bla bla... Asked him how come he wanna meet me leh... wah so nice look for old friend ah? He replied: "Oh I going to army mah... So tot I'll catch up with old friends before I go in"... (sound really ahmm... O-really??!) Soon, the main topic was brought up... he began to talk about his "part-time job", how he could possibly earn $1500/mth on a part-time basis. He told me about his colleague who used to have autism is now a charismatic speaker earning a fantastic amount of $800 000 monthly! Yeah yeah yeah... go on...
Then he started to become so concerned about my future... He asked me when me and my bf getting married, so long liao leh! Told him that we will not consider this yet until we become financially secured and ready... bad move... he started telling me... "No Sheena, you must have a clear plan ahead mah... like me! I am planning to buy a car at 25... lalala" Harlo! you think I really don't have plans meh, what for I need to tell u in details??
After he realised I don't seem to be really interested in my own future, he start to ask whether do I want a part-time job.RED ALERT!! Told him that I'm not considering now... I want to focus on my studies, my relationships and choir... No time for other commitments. Then he has the guts to ask me:"YOUR CHOIR CAN FEED YOU MEH??"Eh harlo!!! I dun join choir to earn money you know?? I enjoy the developing my interest and the companionship there... it's nothing like what money can buy! Bloody asshole... if everything is about money then you're really damn no life!
OK... he turn another round again..."How old are your parents huh?". Like what the hell has it gotta do with him right??? Told him their age nevertheless... and he moved on to say "WAH! It's close to retirement age ler... don't you wish that they can now sit back and enjoy themselves at home, and don't have to bother about supporting you???" OK this is too much liao!
1. What has my family business gotta do with you??? 2. Why are you making me sound like I'm a burden to the family??? 3. I have my own plans to make their investment on my education worth first! Before I enter the workforce/business world and repay them. 4. WHY DO I NEED TO EXPLAIN TO YOU ALL THESE??
Had a really sickening time acting stupid and cheery... nicely avoiding all his questions and invitation to his "part-time job". Thankfully he's not quite skilled in persuasion anyway... The dinner ended in an hour time. Told him that I should be on my way home ler... He exclaimed "Wah! so fast ah?? You want to drop by my office?"RED ALERT!!! Nicely rejected his invitation by telling him that I slept at 5am (which is true!), and feel like going back home to rest early...
Finally escaped and reach home...
Dammit... 无事不登三宝殿 ... Nothing good comes from you when you look for me... So long nv see you first thing gimme this shit...