2/25/2007
Went to support leo leo's performance at esplanade yesterday, took the chance to meet up with T&L and leo. Funny leo is the youngest guy in soka I think, next youngest is 40+? I'm not sure... lol... they sound not bad, but we keep focusing our attention on the wrong things... OMG... what goldfish? what hippo? what big mouth? what the hell lah!! hahahaha... damn funny but guilty... aiyo... then that leo keep making funny faces at us during performance, then make us cannot tahan wanna laugh... then end up he started laughing during his performance! lol...
other than SOKA chorus, we heard the Metro Philharmonic choir also, sounds very big ah the choir... but strength is actually quite small... 5sops, 4 altos, 4 basses, 5 tenors... i think... first 3 songs not bad... wah sei last song "Wu Long" (dragon dance) spoilt everything lah! Sops keep going flat! flAT! FLAT!! The song starts off really quite high for sops... back in JC times we even have to practice it one octave down. Goodness... it was quite a horrifying performance hearing them... heard them 2 times... all yucky... heard that their backing quite strong one... founder is Leong Yoon Bin (dunno spell correctly or not), then got huge financial backing... not sure... Dragon dance is composed by Leong Yoon Bin summore... omg... anyway it could be a really nice song! I've heard ACJC... well done man... How I hope I could attempt it second time... and perfect it!
After that had to leave for WE, waited a while for leo while chatting with T&L. Me and leo not sure what they can do after that, dun quite wish to part at the same time know that they wun be comfortable to go back... so well kinda ask them want to go or not, brought them to bugis... then halfway they decided to leave. Understand ba... still uncomfortable. I actually hoped last time they left in a gracious manner... tell Miss Ong the exact reasons why they make that decision... instead of having a third party to convey the message after some time... now when it comes to facing them again, even though I think Miss Ong they all have tried to forget about past issues... but they themselves can't help it but feel guilty... haiz... Sometimes I know it's hard to tell ppl about unpleasant things like this... but at least we do... and we seek for their understanding...
Got to choir, sectionals was nothing much. The combines was exciting!!!! I luv "Sit Down" combined! SUPER NICE!!! Esp bass2 part! so exciting! kekeke... Same sentiments from Mrs. Zion.
Stranger sounds nice and polished too... just that sops not much feelings... haha gotta get the guys to teach us how to express our parts with more FEELINGS! That's funny zally! The moment Miss Ong tell the gers to mix with the guys, I blur blur standing there, then he shouted: "SHEENA! COME HERE!"... then I can't help it but giggle HEHEHE... then went over... damn funny lah... The whole choir laughing at these 2 cartoon ppl...
Alleluja as exciting as ever! But then still abit screw up cannot ascent and muffle properly... Kinda personally glad about my improvement, though I'm still a little scared... there was not enough time to do Asadoya... had to move on to discussion.
Was kinda surprised that Miss Ong was unaware that jem will be here today, so the schedule had to change last min, nevertheless I think she's more than glad to do so... clear up the matter first. But anyway... the session was kinda a little bit too overwhelming... too confusing... I couldn't speak and think properly... I think I better dun comment anymore for now... I need to clear my thoughts.
Actually... all I was is simple... I just want to sing with a close bunch of buddies! It is emotionally connecting... I nv thought that singing could be as magical as this... it brings ppl together... it bonds... i love the harmony... every moment we sing together, it's like all the unhappy things are forgotten... it's almost the only thing I'm looking forward to every week... even one week of break from choir feels weird... like having "withdrawal symptoms"... (I know this can sound quite abstract... but it's true to me... ppl will think I'm crazy... well... who cares!) it's like this for WE, it's goes the same for my ny choirs buddies... I'm having withdrawal symptoms now... even after one day...
Finally fulfilled my promise to Zally to have supper together! Yay! T&L joined us, couldn't sit with them on the same table but was glad that Leo, darryl and jaren were there to ensure that they were happy and comfortable. But nevertheless... later the night heard news that they were pissed about somethings... well... i'm not in the position to explain for anybody... i'm only guessing that it's a misunderstanding... plus deep-rooted grudges from long time ago... haiz... have to try and avoid similar situations again...
Jem was exceptionally quiet after the session last night... I think he also dunno wanna tok about anything... we all too overwhelmed liao... it's hard to think of it as "Dui shi bu dui ren" when the tonality of everything is so... yucks... really... haiz... I'll try... I'm already tahaning yesterday... sheena is good at bottling up... she turns on her tap super fast... but turns it off super fast also... but this doesn't help her to empty that bottle...
i blogged @
2:37 PM