2/11/2007
This morning had my econs test, screwed it... 25% of module grade really shaky... half the time is see skip see skip, then the other half is guesswork... oh man... But somehow I think I couldn't be bothered, once finished the exam, just think about where to go next!
Met darling at Suntec to go to Marina, Marina's such a huge place, really can get lost easily! Wear nice nice for him today, glad that he likes it! Darling is looking for something to spend his voucher on... but sadly nothing caught his eye... Well he has in mind a Sennheiser Handset, price about $200 bucks, super indulgence! But he needs to get an MP3 player first of course... This year V-day gift is super hard to get... ah!! Anyway saw kinda got exposed to this headset when we were visiting the new nokia shop along Orchard, there's a new model of phone on display, then they use the headset for demo... turns out that my darling got attracted to the handset more than the nakia handphone itself! Failure on the part of nokia? Oh well... LOL!
Thereafter met Zally at Bugis then we walk walk to Aliwal, he took his dinner on the way so was having a short chat with him. By the time reach Aliwal Studio A, like not many ppl there leh... kinda shocking the numbers... Next thing I know Miss Ong announced: "OK I can do voice test ler! Four ppl each from 1 section! Sheena you go first!"... I was like?!?!?!?!?! Oh man like haven't warm up... scary! dunno how I'll sound like... will I crack.. ah!! But have been waiting for this moment for 3 weeks actually... can't stand suspense... want to see whether have I recovered my range for this past 1 year.
Then me, zhor, ek and kev went over to Studio B where Miss Ong voice-tested us. Sang Asadoya without warming up... so it's like... shocking to me... But thankfully Miss Ong allow me to sing along with the zhor, so kinda helps in a way. Then finally sop part is here... quite scary coz like first phrase is abit high... but thankfully sang it... softly and gently... the rest of the song I was surprised I could reach the highest note of the song without switching to "A" vowels... maybe doing scales regular really helps to build the range!
Requested for comments instead of grading from Miss Ong, was super surprised that she say my tongue problem gone! I was like... omg... I didn't really consciously tried to solve it... ok I did for some time but gave up... and it's gone? like that? I'm happy it's gone lah... but it's like I'm just not sure... will it be back again? so unpredictable! *shivers*.... Then she decided to test me more coz she suspects I can go back to S1 ler. So she put me to sing with Kev, funny guy... commented: "Wah duet with sheena!"... LOL! Then after all by myself, by then only me and Miss Ong in the room, 4 ppl waiting outside. Was singing the high phrase over and over again in order to correct some problems like my jaw and body movements. Miss Ong say my middle range is not bad quite steady ler, but then prime range is still high range, so I'm ready to go back to S1 ler =) Me very happy! But cannot be complacent! Who knows maybe only today then I can hit? Must maintain... I like my middle range more actually... keke... but I want to stretch my range downwards and upwards also!
Here's the problems that I need to solve (I didn't mean the following to be read by any of my readers actually, it's just for my own reference, anyway I dun have many readers too! LOL):
1. Need to relax the jaw, and not move it esp when singing to one vowel like "a". Noted that when coming down from high notes I was using my jaws to guide my notes... but unknowingly by doing so, I'm affecting my pitch actually, slightly but yes. Miss Ong made me sing "a" until the highest note, then "e" when going down scales to help solve the jaw and lift my sound upwards.
2. My cheeks and eyebrow still quite slack... when singing down range must lift even more so that wun flat!
3. Sometimes when reach high notes support not there ler... or rather it is there but does not connect to the output, should heard a level of intensity in my output when there's support.
4. Slight body movements while singing (it's the NY trend!)... try to keep still lah...
5. Confidence! Keep staring at Miss Ong... haha... then Miss Ong say I'm too conscious of how I sound ler... the moment she look at me I stress. Then face does not match voice... expressionless! Cannot... this song so much feelings... must reflect it on face also! Miss Ong made me sing with eyes close then ask me to judge nice/not. Me abit paiseh to say... but then actually thought I sound not bad =D Quite clear and crisp... quite controlled... So yup need to have more confidence ler! Very weird one me... I must ppl tell me I sound nice then I'll think I sound nice... I must have ppl telling me that your S1 range is ok ler, then I dare to sing high range... Cannot liddat! Must learn how to judge myself more!
After voice check go back practice! Start learning the S1 part ler... missed the S2 part, very nice! S1 part main tune... easier to learn though... but knowing is one thing singing it nicely is another! Jia you bah sheena... Then we learnt new song "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat" from the musical "Guys and Dolls". Sounds quite fun... but then the Tenors esp Zion keep banging on the "Sit"... then sometimes like sing until it become "shit" lah... can't help giggling! LOL! Love the Bass part for that song! They keep the rhythm for that song, part is pretty catchy and rhythmic! so end up I learn bass part also but 1 octave higher.... what "sit down sit down sit down sit down... sit down..." quite fun! hehe... I'm glad today practice our mood is all good! Somehow another thing amazing about WE... arguments don't affect our face-to-face interaction... We still love each other =) It's like the virtual person we see on the e-mails are not the ones we meet face-to-face?
Took a shot 5 minutes break... then time to tok about unhappy events ler... Somehow I tot I came prepared... but somehow (and I hate myself for it) I couldn't help exploding halfway during explanation... sian! Thankfully Zally was around... then Leo with his tissue rescue once again... Sheena is damn weird... Cry 2 mins... ok back laughing liao! Aiyer! Can't stand myself for that... emotional person... crazy is real crazy but anytime tap can open 1... scary! nvm can turn off the tap fast also... back to the issue... The meeting was enlightening... I'm quite ashamed about what I have been thinking all along since the issue started...I was too demanding of the owners... and I expected them to react in a 100% rational and objective manner when faced with a harsh mail.... but this is actually... humanly impossible I guess. So cannot really blame them for such a harsh response.. and I realised that to really solve this issue... we must get Jem back really, if he wants... we need to sit down and tok together as a whole choir... too bad he wasn't around here today... haiz! One more thing is we need to ask him why did he leave without really explaining and what's the issue that he's really concerned about. We resolved the issue about facing sarcastic or harsh e-mails with the owners too... and discovered that well... being long winded is their style, but they want to show that they give due respect to your feedback... so they bother to reply you... so yup, the point is to really capture the answers to our suggestions and dun look at the e-mail as a form of personal attack. Adult life as they say... so well... gotta learn!
Next we briefly tok about upcoming events, Mar 10 has choral exchange with Miss Ong's choirs, but then I got finance mid term that day! (yes it's a freaking sat!) And it clashes summore, both afternoon... then Miss Ong say she try to change the timing for ME? then everyone started saying "WHY SHEENA AGAIN???" hahahaha... damn paiseh to cause the inconvenience... but really thankful to them for making it possible for me to take part! Which all the more I should commit myself to that day since they are trying to make it easier for me... if not I'll be irresponsible ler! Yeah... so far I have been hecking my exams and taking part in the concerts all these... thankfully until now... results has been fine... but then with econs now... different story ler... AH!!! But really dun feel like going on a break for choir really... sometimes when I'm angry I'll consider it... but speaking by passion... I cant bear to do that... really... unless my exam really going to jia lat... then it'll be my last min resort to take a break from choir...
Choir dismissed... Zally went downstairs first then I joined him shortly, planning to go for dinner together with the choir, yes it's late! it's supper! Darling gave me a pleasant surprise! He showed up right at the entrance... LOL... shocking! Intro him to Zally... then a few more others... then darling special request to book me for supper... he's not quite comfortable with too many ppl he doesn't know so can't join my choir ppl for dinner. I guess darling also sense a tinge of disappointment from me knowing so... but oh well I'm more surprised than disappointed so it's fine =) Went to his place downstairs makan laksa... OMG... sinful! I ought to preserve my voice... already avoiding choc liao!
Anyway apologised to Zally that I had to missed having supper with him again... ah... I'm really super sorry... like promised ler then cannot fulfill... then next 2 weeks no more choir... ah... haiz! Cannot next time must do something to "compensate" him for breaking my promise...
A sidetrack... wondering how I'll repay Jem for his help during previous concert... I owe him and Kev drinks... he's not really replying... haiz...
Mum just received my hp bill... $90 bucks... OMG... messages is like 1000+... I think I've gotta cut down on my messages... so please call me if you wanna speak =P
Sorry I know today post very long... but nobody ask you to read right???? I know whoever who reads is Kay-Poh lah... I treat this as my personal diary anyway... I'll write as long as I like!!! Lalalalalala....
i blogged @
12:01 AM