6/02/2006
Have you ever felt really very impatient with the automatic telephone answering machine?
Well, I did, many times in fact. I mean it's quite irritating and confusing to heard them saying
"Welcome to ... For your convenience, we are pleased to offer 4 language options please press 1 for...2 for...",
"Your call is much appreciated and is important to us, but unfortunately our customer service officers are all busy at the moment. Please log on to www.... or call back later...."
"You can always end this call by pressing the # key"
"To enquire about branch location, Press 01 for Bukit Batok, 02 for Bukit Gombak....19 for Orchard...22 for Marina Bay.."
You may be thinking now: what?!?!! 22??? Sheena you must be kidding me... if you know me just call me and I'll tell you what number to call and check for yourself! It is that ridiculous. By the time you listen until 18 you just feel like hanging up the phone... and maybe that is when "You can always end this call by pressing the # key" becomes all the more sarcastic...
Anyway, called a particular university just now. But apparently their lunch time is from 11am to 3pm... fortunate folks... I don't even remember my lunch break at work is so long. No one picks up the call....
I did work as a telephone operator before, but at least I know that as much as I don't like to listen to a customer's call, I can always on my voicemail system and take a short rest from the phone. These chaps in the university don't even have any...
Hmm... it seems to me ever since I became a telephone operator I have higher expectations for them. It's just like if you work as Macdonald's cashier before, you would know that 1 min and 30 seconds is the max amount of time you should serve each customer. Whenever I see the cashiers exceed that timing I'm just not impressed.
Well done with the fuss. It's time for me to return to call them...
i blogged @
2:35 PM